Practice Areas at POSMI
Podesta Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute offers complete medical care to active people of any age and skill level, “You don’t’ have to be pro to be treated like one”. Our goal is to provide the expert care necessary to allow each individual treated to continue an active lifestyle and to compete in sport at the highest-level possible.
Sports Medicine is the body of knowledge and a broad area of health care that encourages exercise as an essential component of health throughout life, utilizing exercise for the prevention and treatment of injury and disease regardless of the level of competition, weekend warrior to professional. At our state-of-the-art facility, whether your injury occurred playing football, baseball, and soccer, dancing, cheering, drumming or marching in the school band we are equipped to care for all athletic injuries.
Dr. Podesta’s expertise lies in the diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of all injuries due to athletic activity. The majority of athletic injuries can initially and affectively be treated non-surgically utilizing appropriate medications to relieve pain and inflammation, minimally invasive office based procedures to promote healing and aggressive physical therapy and rehabilitation to restore function.
Services by Industry
Services by Injury
Services by Description
- Digital x-ray
- Concussion Management
- Electronic Medical Records
- Electrodiagnostic Testing and Evaluations
- Ultrasound Guided Procedures
- Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Evaluations
- Bracing, Casting and Splinting
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
- Visco-supplementation Injection
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Injection Procedures
- Throwing Mechanics Evaluations
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation Prescriptions
- Workers Compensation Services
- Medical Legal Examinations (IME)